'When Duty Calls' - Final Shot List - Trailer 1
I have refined and improved my original shot list by changing the order of several shots to create a clear narrative structure and a stronger build up of tension throughout the trailer. This reordering allows the trailer to flow more smoothly, particularly in how the protagonist's life goes from ordinary and domestic to action and conflict, which creates adrenaline and excitement for audiences.
- Long shot of protagonist running towards camera
- Long shot of protagonist bending down, hands on knees, out of breath
- Medium close up on wife holding tea as she says “I’m glad you left that government stuff. Your better of now”
- Medium shot of protagonist ironing, slight low angle
- Close up of iron, as it moves into camera “I try to keep things simple now…”
- Medium close up on protagonist as he says “… as much as I can” before picking up toast
- Medium close up of female protagonist sipping her tea
- Medium shot of protagonist eating breakfast whilst listening to news (shocked expression)
- Jump cut - Close up on protagonists confused face
- POV shot of phone (Headquarters, EMERGENCY ONLY) as protagonist picks up phone
- Close up on protagonists listening to phone call
- Medium shot of protagonist bending down to pick letter up
- Over shoulder shot of protagonist opening letter up
- Extreme close up on image of female protagonist in picture
- Close up on protagonist listening to phone call
- Long shot of protagonist running outside
- Floor level shot of protagonist running outside
- Medium shot of protagonist jumping over wall
- Close up on female protagonist on phone saying “I think he knows about my past” - side lighting
- Close up on protagonists face - concentrated
- Birds Eye view shot of fingers typing on keyboard
- Medium close up of laptop screen showing hacking (permission granted)
- Medium close up on bookshelf (slight low angle) as female protagonist pulls a book out
- Camera flipped, as female protagonist pulls book towards her - sinister
- Medium close up on protagonist spying using binoculars
- Medium shot of female protagonist looking over wall with panic
- Extreme close of protagonist opening box (POV from gun)
- POV shot of protagonist looking inside the box to reveal gun
- Medium shot of female protagonist looking around a tree, hiding
- Close up on protagonist as he pulls out his earpiece “I can’t do this”
- Extreme close up on injection (shallow focus)
- Medium close up on female protagonist looking at injection - sinister
- Medium close up on protagonist searching for something with torch
- Medium close up on protagonist undercover, holding earpiece saying “I’ve got sight of her”
- Long shot of protagonist sprinting
- Medium shot of both characters in car - tense
- Two shot of protagonists in medium distance. Female protagonist says “You still love me…”
- Close up on female protagonists face as she says “…don’t you?”
- Close up on protagonists face as he says “More than…”
- Close up on protagonists back as he holds gun tucked into trousers, as he says “…you know”
- Low angle medium shot of protagonist loading gun with anger
- Low angle medium shot of female protagonist loading gun
- Close up on protagonist peaking around the door
- Close up on female protagonist looking around
- Medium close up on female protagonist holding gun out and loading it (slight low angle) as she says “I will kill you now”
- Medium close up on protagonist as he holds the gun and says “I love you, but not if I kill you first” then loads gun
- Sound bridge of gun loading as camera cuts to black screen



Comments
Post a Comment