Poster Drafts on Photoshop for 'When Duty Calls'

 

Below are the various stages I went through when constructing my poster for ‘When Duty Calls’ on Photoshop. I had already completed rough layouts and a finalised, more detailed sketch of the poster, which I used to help me piece elements together on Photoshop.


The tools I used to create my poster included the cropping tool (to cut out my protagonist's outline from the original photos before placing them on a white background), text tools (to add all the copy), the ruler and grid tools (so each elements on the poster was lined up) and the lock tool (so I could piece sections together, such as my billing block, production company logos and my hashtags).

I started with references to the director's previous films...


...before adding the title of the film.


I then added the tagline...


...and the name of the director above the film's title. 


Next came the release date for the film, at the bottom of the poster...


...and the addition of bullet holes around the title of the film.


I added the billing block...


...and hashtags just below it...


...along with the production company and sound logos.


I then added my edited image of the female protagonist...


...and the edited image of the male protagonist on the other side of the title...


...before placing the names of the actors above them.


Finally, I added reviews in the gap seen above the titles to complete the poster.

Comments

Popular Posts