Chosen Music for My Trailers - Alternative
After slightly changing my genre to action-comedy, I realised the original soundtrack choices I had were too intense and wouldn't match the lighter tone I now wanted. Therefore, I have researched some action-comedies that introduce their protagonists and identified the songs used in their trailers.
Films like 'Back in Action' and 'The Fall Guy' were particularly useful in shaping my ideas. In 'Back in Action', one song was 'Doo Wop' by Lauryn Hill while in 'The Fall Guy' they use 'Thunderstruck' by AC/DC. Both are upbeat songs that veer away from the seriousness of a composed orchestral score. These examples helped me find a potentially more suitable track for my own film, leading me to choose 'Highway to Hell' by AC/DC, which balances high energy with a sense of personality and enjoyment, fitting the action-comedy tone much more effectively. I might use this in one of my trailers.


Comments
Post a Comment