Chosen Music for My Trailers for 'When Duty Calls'
After slightly changing my genre to action-comedy, I realised the original soundtrack choices I had were too intense and didn’t match the lighter tone I now wanted. Therefore, I have researched some action-comedies and looked at trailers for films such as 'Back in Action', which uses music that balances tension with a more upbeat, playful feel. I also had a look at the different trailers for 'The Fall Guy', which features 'You Give Love a Bad Name' by Bon Jovi. These types of songs/music in action-comedies are different to what one would typically expect in a conventional action film, as they create a contrast between high-stakes situations and a more fun, energetic tone which helps to make the trailers feel more engaging and entertaining rather than purely serious, which is exactly what I aim to achieve with my music choices. Therefore for my trailers I have decided to use two songs including 'Play the Game (Was That so Hard)' by Nathan Furst from the film '57 Seconds' to create the tense moments in the beginning of the trailer and 'Thumbs Up' by Dominic Lewis from the film ‘The Fall Guy’ which I will use for the later sections in my trailers, where it reaches a climactic point and leaves audience on the edge of their seats

Comments
Post a Comment