'When Duty Calls' - Title Cards for the Trailers in My Marketing Campaign



Here are the finished title cards that I will be using across my trailers for 'When Duty Calls', which I have created on Photoshop.

Reference to other films - I have created two separate title cards which refer to previous films by the director of 'When Duty Calls', one for each trailer. Each of the films referenced belongs to the action-comedy genre, signaling to the audience the type of film it is, and each of those films was successful at the box-office, so these factors should encourage the audience to venture out to see 'When Duty Calls'.



Reviews - I have created a number of title cards featuring positive reviews of the film, which I will use across the trailers (probably the first three in one trailer, and the title card featuring six reviews in the other trailer). My reviews all make reference to genre, using language that indicates both the film's use of action conventions but also its humour. I have made sure that the reviews have come from a range of sources - serious broadsheets, entertainment magazines, film magazines, online - to hint that 'When Duty Calls' will have universal appeal.





Tagline - I have split my tagline across two title cards (a technique I found was common in trailers) and it will feature in both trailers, with images from the film in between). The tagline indicates genre but also hints at the plot, particularly the film's 'domestic' element (the source of its comedy) through the use of the word 'home'.



Billing/credits - I have split the billing/credits over three title cards, which will appear in quick succession at the end of both trailers. Like the billing block on the poster, this is a convention that adds authenticity to my marketing campaign, and features crew with a track record of working on films in my chosen genre.




Title - The film's title will appear towards the end of both trailers.


Release date - I have created a number of variations on the title cards featuring the release date, and will choose a different one for each trailer (depending on the trailer type). It is a summer release, typical of big-budget blockbusters, and each title card also features production company logos.





Social media/hashtags - I have created two hashtags, which will appear right at the end of each trailer. One is the title of the film, whilst the other makes reference to the film's tagline.



Format - Finally, as 'When Duty Calls' is a big-budget action hybrid, featuring lots of eye candy and conventional action scenes, I have decided that it is exactly the kind of film which would receive an IMAX release. I will include this title card at the end of at least one of my trailers.

Comments

Popular Posts