Potential Locations for Filming My Trailers for 'When Duty Calls'
As my action film trailers aren’t starting in the middle of an action set-piece, I won't be setting my trailers in a busy urban environment or major city.
Instead I am going to be highlighting the protagonist's personality and skills to the audience, whilst simultaneously indicating his ‘ordinary’ domesticated life, so that they understand what the character is like (which will allow them to predict what their actions may be later in the narrative).
Therefore to highlight that the protagonist isn’t part of the Secret Service anymore and lives a normal(ish) life, I will be setting some of my scenes in my trailers in a house (which has to look realistic and normal) to suggest that he is living in domesticity, retired from active duty. I want him to appear to be a family man, very far removed from the action-packed life of his distant past.
The locations seen in my trailers are:
The bedroom the protagonist wakes up in
The gym which the protagonist works out in
The kitchen in which the protagonist makes breakfast, reads the newspaper and relaxes before listening to the breaking news from Alexa and being called back into duty to solve a mission
Suburban Streets - in addition to these interior locations there will be numerous outdoor shots of the protagonist running and jumping over walls, alongside the female protagonist also running and hiding, which will enhance the tension within the trailers. These are the sorts of locations I want to use for these shots, which will still take place in suburban streets




Comments
Post a Comment