Choosing/Amending My Tagline for 'When Duty Calls'
After creating lots of different possibilities for my film tagline, I have decided to conduct a focus group with my classmates to find out which one they think would work with my film title, film plot and which one fitted the genre best. After outlining my brief narrative and title to my classmates, I asked them to give each tagline a mark out of 10, with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest.
Below are the average scores for each film title which I have put into a bar chart.
Having done this research, it is clear that the overwhelming favourite was the tagline 'Some Missions Never End'. After taking some time to think about which taglines would work best with my film, I have decided to go with a variation of 'Some Missions Never End', altering it slightly so that it more clearly hints at certain elements of my plot, and the comedy elements I want to include. Currently, I believe it is a powerful and intense tagline, which catches the basic idea of the film well whilst creating mystery for the audience. It also reflects genre with the word 'mission', it is short, punchy and memorable like other action film taglines. But, I'm not sure it reveals a key element of the plot - that there is a domestic conflict, nor does it hint at comedy at all.
Therefore, I have decided to slightly change the tagline to 'Some Missions Hit Too Close to Home', which emphasise the action elements of a 'mission', but also hints at the domesticity, and better emphasises the film's plot; a married couple that kept secrets from each other and now are almost fighting to catch the other one first before they get caught.




Comments
Post a Comment